|B-3 COVID-19 REENTRY PLAN (Spanish)|
On September 3, 2020, the NMSBVI Board of Regents voted for NMSBVI students to continue to participate in remote learning until January 5th, 2021. Doing so will continue to ensure student health and safety as they receive a quality education. Students will continue to be able to occasionally come on campus, for specific learning and assessment needs that have been identified by their educational teams. I have attached the Remote Learning Model as well as the Recovery Model, which can allow for occasional in- person learning for students who show limited benefit with the Remote Model. NMSBVI and the Board of Regents will continue to remain diligent in keeping up-to-date on the most current informationrelated to COVID-19. Since things continue to remain in state of fluctuation and uncertainty, the Board of Regents will review learning options, as well as guidance and information from the state at each of the upcoming board meetings.
NMSBVI continues to prepare for our students’ return and as it becomes available, we are purchasing the personal protective equipment necessary to ensure student health and safety. We constantly evaluate our practices and are working to be ready for the most successful return to in-person learning as possible. A detailed re-entry plan has been developed and is updated as needed, which is available on the NMSBVI website under COVID resources. As we bring students back to in-person learning, this plan will guide NMSBVI in taking steps that align with the most current safety practices. We look forward to the day when students can safely return to our campus, and will continue to strive to provide the highest quality education, no matter the format.
Our Birth to 3 Department will continue with telehealth services for the foreseeable future and I have attached some guidelines for reentry into homes for the future.
Thank you for your partnership.
Be well, be safe,
•NMSBVI will continue to offer telehealth services for families and providers. Telehealth is an ongoing service delivery option for families
• Options for returning to home and community services will depend upon directives from the Governor, Department of Health, NMSBVI, New Mexico Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD)
• Safety considerations that will guide safe home or community visits for staff and families will depend upon the incidence of COVID-19 cases within individual areas (including areas where there have been additional lockdowns or directives, or high incidence of COVID-19 or “hot spots”)
• Staff or families who are at high risk, according to established CDC guidelines, should continue with telehealth services
• NMSBVI staff will continue to ask families for feedback about telehealth services and suggestions for improvement
• Families and staff will follow the guidelines of a Covid-19 Health Checklist and FIT guidance before any face to face contact
• Masks will be required for both staff and families for any face-to-face visits. Staff need to follow safety precautions and will need to leave if a family member is not wearing a mask
• Frequent hand washing is recommended and touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands should be avoided
• Home or community visits will be conducted outdoors or in well ventilated areas when possible with windows open
• No more than two face to face visits will be scheduled in a day to allow staff to follow appropriate cleaning and safety precautions to keep staff and family safe
• Avoid close contact and maintain 6 feet between you and others
• Visits must be canceled if the child or family members are sick. Staff will cancel visits if they are sick
• If a staff member arrives at a face to face visit and a family member is sick, staff will leave
• Co-visits with other service providers are not encouraged due to maintaining appropriate social distancing
• Bringing items into the home will not be allowed. Limited evaluation items may be brought in to the home when necessary provided that the items can be properly disinfected.
OPTIONS FOR THE REMOTE LEARNING MODEL (English)
OPTIONS FOR THE REMOTE LEARNING MODEL (Spanish)